Wednesday, December 28, 2011

more pictures about bike carts and food

I usually try to take a photo of the loaded bike cart before it leaves for the garden. Once at the pantry, I then try to take at least one photo of our produce after I have arranged it in the baskets that the pantry provides for us. If I get to the pantry later than usual, my photos sometimes turn out blurry, because I am rushed and don't always use a flash when I should.


July 2, 2011

Notice the garlic scapes, turnips, radishes, and snap peas amid all of the leaves.





















July 9, 2011
























July 16, 2011


















July 23, 2011




















July 30, 2011



















August 6, 2011


















August 13, 2011

The colors of our produce shift to the red end of the spectrum.



















August 20, 2011

























September is mostly a blank in my photo album. I spent most of the month visiting family, and so don't have photos for a number of harvest days, especially for the day on which we  delivered 24 pounds of butternut squash.

October 8, 2011


 Notice the potatoes.
Peppers are abundant.
















October 15, 2011


  The few pears that survived squirrels and heat.















October 29, 2011


Mini-bell peppers.
















November 5, 2011



















November 12, 2011